[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [release-team mostly, but all others are welcomed to be greeted :)] I'm on!

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 00:08:08 +0200

Hi,

> Speaking of which: does anybody have something important for the
> infrastructure team right now?

there are two things that need work, but I'm not sure if that's the
kind of stuff you had in mind

1) We have some problems with the forum. see
http://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/4721

Debugging this is really hard because it isn't reproducible in a
reliable way. Here's what I know:

- it only happens on saving, not on previewing
- the saving action does actually work, so it is something after the
save (maybe redirect related)
- we sometimes have PHP proccesses in D state (uninteruptable sleep)
but I don't know if thats related

What the infrastructure team could do:

- trying to reproduce this on a different machine
- if that succeeds, stepping through the code to fine the problem

2) We have problems with the bug tracker. Often logins don't work for
some reason. The login itself works (success message), but then you're
still not logged in in the application.

- this is relatively easy to reproduce at least with our bug tracker,
debugging the cookie headers might already be enough to find the
problem
- it might be that this is already fixed in a flyspray devel release,
someone should have a look at their changelog

> Release team folks, please have look at our team site!

Please also have a look at the other team pages, the members section
should have some more info about the team members and their
skills/interests.

> How far are we with Lazy Sunday

It was released this morning.

> Is there something to do for me?

Numbers 15 to 17 of the release checklist at
http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:release are open currently. I'll do 15
and 17 tomorrow, someone of the release team should do the mailing
list and forum announcements.

> @All people, that were heavily using the dokuwiki git: How are we
> working there? I come from svn, so I'm mainly all about having a stable
> trunk, a release development branch and an unstable development branch.

See http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:git

Andi

--
splitbrain.org