[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [Everyone] Beginning with Infrastructure team

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 00:30:26 +0200

> One question to everybody: What team is responsible for the current
> Dokuwiki-setup, structure, used code, used plugins, etc.?

me.

> My question is because I'd like to embed statistics

the wiki and forums are already tracked through google analytics. I
can give interested people access, just send me you google account id.
I guess access would make most sense to the marketing team. @Hakan
would that be useful to you?

> Who can I ask for that?

me :-)

Some notes on the infrastructure team:

dokuwiki.org is currently running on my private server, so I will not
easily share (root) access to that box. Even if it were a box
dedicated to dokuwiki alone, I wouldn't just give away access that
easily ;-) So for now you're restricted to doing testing and
researching on your own box and funneling everything through me. This
will change once I'm convinced we're working in the same direction
here... I hope you understand that.

BTW. The infrastructure team is currently the least important team
when it comes to taking workload from my shoulders. At least when it
comes to system administration, there's not too much to do anyway...

However, what I could need help with is *creating* needed
infrastructure tools. Writing something like the translation manager,
creating an API and GUI for the popularity data, stuff like that. I
understand that this is most probably not what you, Dennis and Frank,
had in mind when you signed up for the infrastructure team. So I just
like to ask: could you and would you like do stuff like programming
custom tools, independent of the DokuWiki core itself or this this out
of your field of expertise?

Andi

PS: I'm out of town next week, so you guys all have continue on own...

--
splitbrain.org