[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] Server Troubles

  • From: Elan Ruusamäe <glen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 07:19:45 +0300

On 22.05.2015 00:28, Andreas Gohr wrote:

Hi,

a quick heads-up on where we are. I restarted Apache multiple times
today to get rid of the rising zombie-hordes and give us some time to
breathe. This evening I set down and reconfigured all vhosts to make
use of php-fpm. I wrote down a few notes at
https://www.dokuwiki.org/teams:infrastructure:php5-fpm

I know Andrwe would have preferred UWSGI and already had started to
figure it out, but I found FPM easier to setup in the end. So far
everything seems to run fine and the site feels a lot snappier to me,
too. That might be subjective though. Let's hope this fixed our
problems, at least I don't see any zombies anymore.
i did not know php can speak UWSGI.

I also initialized /etc/apache2/sites-available/ as a local git
repository to be better able to track (and revert changes) there. We
might want to do that in other directories as well.
you maybe want to just use etckeeper to keep whole /etc in git
http://etckeeper.branchable.com/
There are still a few todos left, but I'm too tired now. Maybe you
guys can have a look.

Let's hope this solved our problems,
Andi

--