[dokuwiki-teams] Re: [infrastructure] Server Troubles

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki-teams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 23:28:54 +0200

Hi,

a quick heads-up on where we are. I restarted Apache multiple times
today to get rid of the rising zombie-hordes and give us some time to
breathe. This evening I set down and reconfigured all vhosts to make
use of php-fpm. I wrote down a few notes at
https://www.dokuwiki.org/teams:infrastructure:php5-fpm

I know Andrwe would have preferred UWSGI and already had started to
figure it out, but I found FPM easier to setup in the end. So far
everything seems to run fine and the site feels a lot snappier to me,
too. That might be subjective though. Let's hope this fixed our
problems, at least I don't see any zombies anymore.

I also initialized /etc/apache2/sites-available/ as a local git
repository to be better able to track (and revert changes) there. We
might want to do that in other directories as well.

There are still a few todos left, but I'm too tired now. Maybe you
guys can have a look.

Let's hope this solved our problems,
Andi

--