[delphizip] Re: spCompatName in SpanOptions doesn't work

  • From: Steve Gouldstone <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:55:10 +0000

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:55:05 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
> According to TZipMaster help:
>
>property SpanOptions: SpanOpts;
>spCompatName    If True then uses names of the form name.zip + name.z01 =

but surely this is just a limitation of the ZIP format? If you want to
get around it you need to adopt one of the suggested coding solutions,
which are all cludges.

Can you get Winzip or PkZip to do what you want? No, the path is only
ever stored without the drive letter.

I agree this was a bad choice when the ZIP format was devised, but
that's the way it is I'm afraid. I had the same problem, and just
resign myself to using different zip files per source drive.

Steve
Steve Gouldstone
Langdale Designs Ltd