[delphizip] Re: [mad and ugly] storing drive spec in a zip file

  • From: Roland Ruder <rolandruder@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:45:12 +0100

Sorry, dear DelZippers, but I'll ask you again (with my still bad english
again):

Why the hell should do the DLLs all the work?

Zipping "c:\test.txt" and "d:\text.txt" into the same ZIPfile is a very hard
problem to solve!
For the DLLs!

But I still wonder, why this (double-touble) problem has to be solved by the
DLLs?

IMHO it's only a problem of the application, thats going to use the DLLs!

What are ZipFile-Comments good for?
What are ZipFile-FileComments good for?

Maybe the Drive-Letter could be stored in the ZipFile-FileComment? Not by
Default, but optionally?

Again: Why should do the both DLLs all the work instead of the application's
programmer's program?

Please advice, discuss or name me "the other BIG stupid but not canadian NX-Fan
from Germany. With no bushes [hidding] ever at all" ;-) ;-) ;-);-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
;-)

And please *Hold Your Head Up* (very old Songs by  "Argent" or "Uriah Heep")....

Best and very friendly (but very unsophisticated!) Regards,
Roland