[ddots-l] Re: question about sonar and sound forge

  • From: "Paul Erkens" <pje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:12:39 +0200

Hi Omar,

Cool edit runs fine without any scripts. It's just that I don't have any experience using sound forge. Cool edit can do just about the same things, but in a somewhat more old fashioned way. Editing, for example, cannot be done non-destructively as is possible in sound forge. I know this from a sound forge review that Jonathan Mosen did one day, on ACB radio.
N.b.: Jonathan once hosted the weekly tech news show on ACB, which is an internet radio station for the blind at www.ACBRadio.org. They keep an archive of all tech shows so you'll be able to find that review there still. The tech show's name is "main menu". Good luck.

Regards,
Paul.

Regards,
Paul.