[ddots-l] Re: question about microphone gain input

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:45:42 -0400

What about keeping the gain at the same level for all tracks on the card, but
controling each track's volume from the track in sonar?

Omar Binno

Website: www.omarbinno.com
AIM: LOD1116
Skype: obinno1
        From: omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx
        To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [ddots-l] question about microphone gain input
        Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:00:26 -0400

        Hello,

        I have my vocal mic plugged into my Fireface Soundcard. When one of my
female clients records vocals, I end up having to turn up the gain quite a bit.
However, I notice when I speak or sing into the mic, I need the gain up only
half way. Is it usually the case that gain input on the soundcard or mixer
changes from singer to singer, or does it usually stay at the same level.

        Thanks.

        Omar Binno

        Website: www.omarbinno.com
        AIM: LOD1116
        Skype: obinno1

        Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports
videos. Check it out.

07/24/09 05:58:00

05:58:00