[ddots-l] Re: Trying to find good demos of Garritan

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 14:00:20 +0100

Yup.  Have that pack.  It's a good one!

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021
UK +44-1747-821-794
Mobile: UK +44-7968-136-246
E-mail:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Bryan Smart
Sent: 24 September 2010 13:55
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Trying to find good demos of Garritan

Just want to jump in here to say that, if you're mainly concerned about
better string sounds, then there is a pack for Dimension Pro that does a
much better job than the built in sounds. Digital Sound Factory Studio
Orchestra. It isn't supposed to have all of the articulations of a
orchestral scoring library. It is supposed to sound like what happens when
orchestral players are called in to do overdubs for pop tracks. Very good
sections. Not so good solos. Lots of layers, too, which is nice, as most of
the layers built in to Dimension Pro are all too electronic. If you want
nice keys+strings, voices+bells, and other combos like that, then this pack
has the high quality versions.

Bryan