[ddots-l] Re: Trying to find good demos of Garritan

  • From: "Steve Wicketts" <steve.wicketts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 00:09:17 +0100

Phil wrote, "Will respectfully agree to disagree.  If you want good orchestral
sounds the Garritan Personal Orchestra is fantastic!  Way better than Dimension
Pro."
Steve replied, "That's not very respectful to Dimension Pro lol"
Phil wrote, "The strings on Dimension Pro are good but the Garritan ones are in
a different league again.  I purchased it just for the strings but, if I were
into orchestral stuff, I would purchase it for that as nothing else comes
close.  I don't use orchestral stuff much here however, I will be using the
strings on some of my backing tracks in the future.  In fact, I may even
revoice some of the tracks that I have with the Garritan strings.  Also,
playing them is a dream.  They just respond as you would expect."
Steve Replied, "Phil, I think we should put Dimension Pro and Garritan to the
test. we both know how to arrange and right all kinds of music so we are not
going personally head to head. Lets simply choose a classic song of our own
choice so everyone on the forum can recognise the song, it will be interesting
to see which Strings the forum prefer.
I think we should use one or two other instruments (no drums though) just
instruments to give the song some colour, a verse and chorus will do.
What do you think?

Steve W

database 5471 (20100922) __________

http://www.eset.com