[ddots-l] Re: 32 or 64-bit Sonar?

  • From: "bob Reid" <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 16:46:27 -0400

You're right Chris. I need to relax about this. It's mainly the principle of the thing. I was so excited to install Sonar and have it go at warp speed only to have 1 technical problem after another. I'll check my Cakewalk account for the later Dimension serial number. I bought some Digital Sound Factory expansion packs there. I'll also try to get Skype up and running. I never wanted a messenger client before but now I should probably try Skype at least for these situations. Finally, I'll muck with the buffer settings in the Saffire Mix control. After reading the user guide and Phil's hot spot help, I still don't really understand how to use it. This is no fault of the hot spots because all the buttons do something. Some of them mute all the sound and won't let me get it back without loading the default snapshot settings file. At least Winamp works through the stereo once again. Moral = listen to music but don't make any.

Thanks for all your replies Chris and thanks to anyone else reading this thread.
Bob.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Smart
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 4:19 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: 32 or 64-bit Sonar?

At 03:18 PM 4/3/2011, you wrote:
Sorry, that should read "daw". I'm so flustered with this thing, I can barily type.

You're a Buddhist ... relax! *grin* Didn't the Buddha say something
about computers being only suffering?

Honestly, I don't think the computer problems we have are as
frustrating as sometimes trying to find helpful people who know
enough to be useful. . Even the fact that we access the computer
differently is more than many sighted folks can take onboard. I
always seem to get into a situation where I have no idea what to
tell the sighted person to look for on the screen, and they don't
know what they're looking at so can't really describe what they're
seeing in a meaningful way. meaningful way.

When I unpacked the newDAW the other day and asked someone here if
they could identify some of the many ports on the back, they said:
"hmm, ok, there are a bunch of little symbols here. I don't know
what they mean."
Oh, great! *LOL* Luckily, you can't really fry anything hooking up
USB cables and the like.

I'm sure we'll eventually get you up and running. This is a great
list for that!

Do you have a good long distance plan, so if you have to call
Cakewalk tech support, it at least won't cost you?

Chris