[dd251] Piping For Sprinklers and Water Mist Systems

  • From: Peter Ferries <PFerries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dd251@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:16:03 -0000

I'm not sure why anyone would want to consider using an unapproved piping
material in any sprinkler system. Is the cost saving so great? The material
content in the piping alone for a typical residential system is quite small,
and all of the approved materials are quite easy to install. In view of
this, why take the risk?

As a matter of interest, I'm not aware that any piping material has been
tested and/or approved for use on water mist systems. No doubt our water
mist system members will let me know if I'm wrong.