[softwarelist] Re: pdf, ovation, risc oss

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 22:38:04 +0100

>Will Ovation for Risc OS ever be able to place - as Ovation for Windows
>does- and produce pdf-files which others call 'certified'?
>
>The route with 'composite colourposcript > distiller > pdf' has a few
>disadvantages: no transparacy in coloured bitmaps and all kind of (rgb)
>colourprofiles which our printcompanies hate.

Earlier this year I came to the conclusion that doing an improved Post
Script printer driver for RISC OS would be easy - lets say a "level 3"
driver to go with the existing level 1 and 2 drivers.

Anyway I put together such a project, however I came to the conclusion
that I just can't bear to do any more work on RISC OS. So I pulled out.

Perhaps that answers both your questions. Anything (substantial) from me
is unlikely. However a big improvement in the PostScript produced by all
applications is possible for not much effort.

Others were involved maybe you could convince them that there is a
demand.