[softwarelist] Re: how to make heading start at top of page [OPro---]

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 14:27:20 +0100

Jim Nagel  wrote in this list on Apr 18:

> a book i'm producing has many-many headings styled as "heading2".
> i now want each of them to start a new page.  is there any way to do
> this automagically, in the definition of "heading2" or elsewhere? ...

many thanks to those who offered suggestions on this at the time.
since then i have discovered (on Chris Johnson's site, i think) the
applet !Headings (Roger Noble, 2001) which seems to do the trick.

it has a facility to add various attributes -- "Top", in this case --
to any heading style.

i havent yet tested whether, having turned it on, i can later decide i
don't like how many new pages it has caused the book to have, and
switch it off with impunity.

--
>>> no need to reply my entire message back to me ;=]
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk
   Abbey Press   32 Norbins Rd        (01458) 83 3603
   Glastonbury   BA6 9JG         pocket 0797 415 3861