[softwarelist] Re: addressing envelopes

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:39:09 GMT

Paul Sprangers  wrote on 18 Dec:
> Printing to labels first, rather than printing directly to the envelopes,
> seems a redundant step to me, especially when your printer has a dedicated
> slot for envelopes.

i agree with Paul, and that's how i did it last year: printed direct
on envelopes.  however, Mrs N /will/ choose three different sizes and
shapes of card and envelope, and carefully choose who on the list gets
which choice of card.  this makes for the IT dept an extra chore of
concocting three sub-lists to print addresses on three sets of
envelopes, which last year caused much extra stress in the N
household.

so this year she's getting stickylabels.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk