[softwarelist] Re: addressing envelopes

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 00:25:14 +0000

Martin Devon <martin.devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Most office supplies have them. One source is 5 star white labels from
> Euroffice, item 296794 at 6.49 per 100 sheets of 14.

Is it still the case (indeed was it ever?) that one needs to be careful to
get laser-printer labels rather than ink-jet-compatible ones?  I've tended
to assume the laser- ones used a different adhesive and so were less likely
to come off their backing sheet inside a printer, but maybe that's me being
taken for a ride by the suppliers?

Presumably it's also better if your laser printer offers a straight-through
path to use it as labels going round rollers are more likely to come off
their backing?

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll - my opinions are my own