[softwarelist] Re: addressing envelopes

  • From: Martin Devon <martin.devon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:44:51 +0000

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:07:19 GMT
Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Subject: addressing envelopes
>
> I have never tackled address envelopes using OPro on my Iyonix.
>
> I use it with a Samsung CLP 550 and a HP Office Jet all-in-one. The
> later has a slot for envelopes.
>
> Any help please,

It's done here using sheets of A4 laser printer labels -- there are 14
on a sheet but it may be possible to print only the top 12.

Make up an OPro stylesheet with a text box corresponding to each
printable label, with margins.

We have a DataPower file of the names and addresses. These are exported
as CSV and converted to text with !CSVEdit.

The text will have end-of-line as \n so  in !Edit or !Zap., with magic
characters on, search for \\n (note double backslash) and, with
replace all with \x0a and save.

The resulting file is dropped into the top left box of the stylesheet
and the document should be ready. Sometimes it is necessary to reduce
font size or fiddle the odd label where the address is long.

Martin

--
Martin R Devon MSc
Consulting Engineer, Box, Wiltshire, UK