[softwarelist] Re: addressing envelopes

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:51:41 +0100

Dear Alan and all,

Printing to labels first, rather than printing directly to the envelopes,
seems a redundant step to me, especially when your printer has a dedicated
slot for envelopes.

My three laser printers never had one, yet I printed tenths of thousands of
envelopes during 18 year. It's a matter of a bit of experimenting the first
time (where do I put the frames, should it be rotated?) and off you go.

I do agree, however, that windowed envelopes are the easiest solution, as
long as you don't need to print logo's or sender information.

Again, if your printer can print to envelopes directly, I wouldn't
recommend label printing, since label sheets are rather expensive and they
involve quite a lot of extra hand work (such as properly sticking them on
the envelopes one by one).

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers