[softwarelist] Re: Positioning of embedded lines above the text baseline

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 15:38:10 -0000

Hello, David,

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Pilling" <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:30 PM
Subject: [softwarelist] Re: Positioning of embedded lines above the text baseline
.
Having tried the example, I think it is a much worse bug than I imagined. My impression is that it should not be too hard to fix, so I will now look into it.
.
Superficially it is simply that the embedded line is drawn with the wrong offset from the baseline. As far as I can see, in all other respects (e.g. the re-positioning of the baseline and adjoining text) it appears to be OK. I am aware, however, that appearances can be deceptive!
.
I find it a difficult situation. I can't fix every problem. Should I feel bad about that?
.
Don't be so hard on yourself! It's taken 15(?) years for someone even to be bothered to mention this one - and even then your response is measured in days! We are all very grateful for your remarkable diligence.

Regards
John Grogan