[softwarelist] Re: Positioning of embedded lines above the text baseline

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:30:58 +0000

In message <cbcfddb84e.janvred@xxxxxxxx>, JMAH van Vredenburch <janvredenburch@xxxxxxxx> writes

Possibly David Pilling has some more thoughts on this problem.

Having tried the example, I think it is a much worse bug than I imagined. My impression is that it should not be too hard to fix, so I will now look into it.

I'm glad there has been more discussion of the problem, my initial reaction was that it was a minor problem which I would ignore for the time being.

I find it a difficult situation. I can't fix every problem. Should I feel bad about that?

To pick one example in my defence, I find that Internet Explorer often falls over or does incorrect redraws. Billions of dollars, 1000's of engineers and MicroSoft can't get it right.

It's just difficult. Had I spent the time I've spent on moving to Windows fixing bugs things would be a lot better. So a choice, bug ridden software that people might use versus bug free software that no one (OK a few) can use.