[softwarelist] Re: OPro indexing question and searching for styles

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 19:14:56 +0100

Jhr JMAH van Vredenburch  wrote on 19 Jul:
> As Jim also wants to use the IdxPro applet the use of the SRWE leads
> to a conflict. To avoid this I changed the final line in
>      ......!OvnPro.Applets.!SRWE.Library.replace
>    to read as follows:
>   if (isdefmacro ("S_F4") == -1) defmacro(1, "S_F4", "{srwe}", "") ;

> i.e. changing the two "CS_F4" to "S_F4".
> For some reason the SRWE applet takes priority over the CS_F4 key.

thanks for that.  i'll change the requisite line, though i won't try
using Idxpro till the book's layout is final.

a problem i notice with SRWE:  i'm trying to find where a certain
style is used in the document, to be sure it's safe to delete it.
searching for "any string" in a that styl (ie, using the \* wildcard)
always causes an error:  "Wildcard search text matches the null
string".

so i search for "any character" (\.) in that style.  this seems to
find stuff, but unfortunately if it has highlighted anything it's too
small an area for an ageing naked eye to spot. cannot see caret
anywhere.

what am i doing wrong?  eat more carrots?

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk