[softwarelist] Re: Using Ovation with VA and Laser

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 18:37:06 +0100

'twould be useful, methinks, to have a slight update to the OPro
manual to cover the Duplex concept, which seems to have been invented
since the manual was written.  Duplex not mentioned in index.

p171 of the manual, for instance, talks about "All sides" and about
"turn the paper over", which i think means turn the STACK of paper
over and then print side B, whereas Duplex means print side A followed
immediately by side B of EACH SHEET.

am i correct that Duplex is achieved in OPro simply by printing all
the pages in order: 1,2,3,4 etc?  meaning that page 1 is backed by
page 2, then page 3 by page 4, etc?  or is there a further trick?
(will be useful to know -- my new printer arrives tomorrow, my first
one with duplex ability.)

and what about duplex printing of a booklet?  for a 16-page booklet
we'd want pages 16-1 to be backed by 2-15, then 14-3 backed by 4-13
etc.  what are the requisite settings in the OPro print dialogue?

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk