[softwarelist] Re: OPro RISC OS - controlling text file import

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:59:50 +0100

In message <ekd$bdATXjeMFwrv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,

> In message <afb1554e51.Crawfords@mail>, Gavin Crawford
> <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>How do I control the conversion of characters when importing a text
>>file?

> Smart quotes from Choices->Text.

> In general you'd map the problem character to <something>, import, then
> map <something> to what you wanted.

> But the smart quotes setting controls converting hyphens as well as sexy
> quotes.

Thanks David,
I looked through the choices and was hoping to find something similar
to the smart quotes option - I just didn't think switch it off and try
it again.

I wondered about mapping it to another character, but there is a whole
load of text files to go through so I was looking for a swift option.
I didn't think that it would be hard-coded into OPro, but I couldn't
find any settings. The charts are Fair Isle knitting motifs,
transcribed from 1920s and 1930s sweaters in the Shetland Museum
Archive - another book I'm working on. I need to print out all the
transcribed charts so I can study them and work out writing an app to
decode them in colour drawfile graphics.

Gavin.