[softwarelist] OPro RISC OS - controlling text file import

  • From: Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:18:18 +0100

How do I control the conversion of characters when importing a text
file?

I've got some charts created in a text file made up from lots of
hyphen characters (ASCII 45), when imported in to OPro any two hyphens
together are replaced by an em-dash (ASCII 152).

How can I switch this off so that the correct number of hyphens are
left intact?

So far the only way I can stop this happening is if the text is passed
to the keyboard input buffer to simulate that it has just been typed
directly into OPro - then it doesn't translate -- into ?

This is a small example of what's happening, though it may not display
correctly in an email depending on how the ACSII 152 character is
handled.

Original text file chart

B-----B-----
-B---B-B---B