[softwarelist] Re: OPro RISC OS - controlling text file import

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 12:31:42 +0100

In message <2f7f594e51.Crawfords@mail>, Gavin Crawford <gav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I wondered about mapping it to another character, but there is a whole
load of text files to go through so I was looking for a swift option.

Obviously speed is the thing. As the fluff applet shows you can turn search and replace into a single key stroke. You'd also not be limited to a single character, the trick also works with character mapped to string.

Another option (mentioned for general interest rather than you'd actually do this) is to write your own transloader filter, this amounts to a command line program with arguments <input file> <output file> that converts your own format into DDL. Somewhere I have a shell of Basic for processing command line arguments.

Perhaps you could call it "de-bobbleiser" [1]

Another option is to type everything as DDF (Impression's text mark up) and feed it in via the DDF filter. Text with no mark up is valid DDF.

[1] Mac + knitting pun