[softwarelist] Re: Key shortcut (OT on this list)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:45:26 +0100

Hi,

In message <5387da8e3edave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
The Impression family, like Publisher use Ctrl+A

At the time there was some reluctance to not use Ctrl+A, but it either fitted in better or whatever.

Chillingly, it is now over 20 years since I started work on Ovation Pro - late 1992, although I took six months off in 1993 to write the scanner stuff. Point being that way back then standard key presses were not so entrenched.

I've found the Mac hard going for its oddities (compared to Linux and Windows) with short cuts.

There is software for Windows to disable caps lock, and I use it on some machines, but I decided not to have any more software complexity on this particular machine. Or possibly it was a Basil Fawlty moment ("If you put caps lock on one more time, I'll take this screwdriver and...")