[softwarelist] Re: Graphics

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:46:47 +0200

In message <514d4b9695dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Examining the pictures now, shows them to all be .Bmp files.
> What a magical transformation, we started with Jpegs and ended up with
> full sized Bmp.

> It goes like this...

> If I open the Jpeg in a Win graphics editor (It matters not which ones are
> used) do a Ctrl-C on it then Paste it in the OvPro document frame,
> regardless, it becomes a .Bmp

> Take the Jpeg file and drop it in the the OvPro document frame, and it
> will remain a .Jpeg.

> What a chuckle, looks like that lot will have to be re-edited again.

That has nothing to do with OvationPro. This is Windows for you.
Windows programs never copy and paste JPEGs via the clipboard. That
simply does not happen.

So, strictly speaking, the reason is that your windows graphics editor
did not offer OvationPro a JPEG, but the editor is not really to blame
because that is not expected behaviour under Windows.

Martin