[softwarelist] Re: Fonts

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:03:07 +0000 (GMT)

In article <fd8cbdde50.Jo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Tytgat <John.Tytgat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <50de46609cdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> > The key is remembering some silly programming arse made !Fonts create a
> > Text file containing a list of all the fonts, and if you install something
> > new that isn't in that list, it will not show in any of the RO apps.
> > So you have to manually delete the text file before moving on...

> No, the key is to not always resort to fiddling inside !Boot and complain
> about having to do that.  Use Configure to install extra fonts (and in
> case you made a mess of !Fonts.MessagesX, you can even regenerate this
> with 'Font configuration' Rescan option).

> John.

<Refrain>
Oh Yes John, Yes John, Yes John, Yes...

I know all about that, but I rarely put Fonts in the !Fonts dir, only
occasionally to test a font out, then I remove it and install it in a
Better font manager.
Problem is, I usually forget about the ...king Messages1 file, the concept
of which annoys me so much it needs deleting, and doing it manually gives
one so much pleasure.

Yesterday evening at the conclusion of my search, with a solution in hand,
I *manually* Poked around inside !Fonts and dumped all the experimental
fonts I stuffed in there during yesterday, and also of course Deleted
(Manually of course) the rescanned Messages1 file.

But, just to keep you happy, you'll be pleased to know, at around 10:30
ish PM yesterday (Sat) I did a Configuration Re-scan, so your beloved
Messages1 is back in place.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid