[softwarelist] Re: Fonts

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:56:18 +0000 (GMT)

In article <HjbLR8DCCzWLFwUj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <50de349a46dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >I assume some of you remember the discussion about Fonts and effTTT which
> >I eventually bought for 44.85 Ukpounds.

> Knowing nothing, I'd suggest loading what came out of effTTT into FontEd
> to see what it consists of.

Ben there done that etc, FontEd moaned a lot but did load it, none of the
required character were displayed.

> As to installing fonts, don't you just copy into !Fonts and then double
> click !Fonts?

Yes, tried that, didn't work, which is why I tried EFP.
The key is remembering some silly programming arse made !Fonts create a
Text file containing a list of all the fonts, and if you install something
new that isn't in that list, it will not show in any of the RO apps.
So you have to manually delete the text file before moving on...

However I've done the whole translation of another Font Tahoma via effTTT
successfully (Latin 3)
And the Characters will show in XChars as Roger notes, unfortunately none
of them can be inserted into a RO application correctly.

> >I can inform you *without* equivocation, the GM came within a whisker of
> >escaping.

> GM?

 =Grump Master a seriously bad alter ego that occupied my life for a few
years until Jan 1st 2009.

Thanks
Dave

--