[dba] Re: Databaseaudio V2

  • From: "Anthony Airon Oetzmann" <Anthony.Oetzmann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "databaseaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <databaseaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:47:09 +0200

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 21:32:18 +0100, Databaseaudio wrote:

>Yeah, they're not very bright are they, i'll tweak that...

>> and the mouseover states on text-links <i>could</i> be more obvious....

In the manual I'm writing right now ( audacity.sourceforge.net ), I found that
readabilty improved immensly when the background colour of a link changed. That
way the user instantly knows where he is and what link is selected(like 'User
Settings' already is done on your page). The sidemenu class just needs a
background colour.

I also try to keep navigation links not only in the same place, but also where
the user has the least mouse travel to do. The links are spread out. It'll take
a little getting used to.

The user setting box on the upper left waste quite a bit of screen space
currently. What does 'Filter' on mean ?

You might also want to take in to account that some people routinly turn off
Javascript because of security. At least I do :).

Nice work on the main window. Instant readability.

 Take care
  Tony