[darkice] Re: Achieving realtime with streaming sound

  • From: Hungerburg <pch13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 00:45:32 +0100

Am 2010-12-08 00:33, schrieb Roland Whitehead:
I know that now but surely there has to be a way of encoding the sound and
streaming it without delay...

Once again, many thanks for your reply. If I find an answer I'll post a summary!

Maybe off-topic, because winamp, vlc etc. do not work as clients. I recently looked into /murmur/, its a gamers chat, but delivers what you are asking for. with the celp codec quality is OK for me at ~96kbit/sec. I measured a delay of < 200ms.

--
peter