[dance-tech] Re: March discussion forum: dance/performance and participation

  • From: Johannes Birringer <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 17:43:57 +0000

Thanks for the welcome greetings, yes, we are back on track:

Here's a question, regarding our theme, that was raised yesterday:

> 1. From choreography (on stage) to design (installations) and back:

The "participatory" demands of installations need some addressing, as we are
---  if we follow the logic of early adaptors, and second generation makers
---  perhaps implying  that our current audiences intuitively or
matter-of-factly know navigation, behavior and movement through/in
computational, intra-active digital-choreographic environments?

What kind of experiences do you try to design in your work?  does your
choreographic or scenographic composition include inter-activity and how (or
why)?  how do you understand the notion of social choreography, or did
the discussion the "relational" have an effect on your work (as it apparently
did in the design field and the work of engineers in 'human factors')?

any thoughts?

 (I have asked Yacov to tell us about his latest work, and also asked Nilüfer
to describe her practice of constructing verbatim theatre in a mode of
participatory ethos).

regards

Johannes Birringer
dap-lab
London
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/dap

From: Kema Ekpei [kema@xxxxxxxxxxx]

Hello,
This is Kema in Manchester,UK, WOW! a folder woke up in my Gmail Welcome Back
Dance Tech List !!
Regards
Kema