[dance-tech] Re: March discussion forum: dance/performance and participation

  • From: Johannes Birringer <Johannes.Birringer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dance-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:42:10 +0000

Thanks Diego for your great response and the information & research you share
with us --

(Only about 90 subjects turn up from the 150 who had signed on; the experiment
went well, nevertheless).

I will get back to this in while, after reflection, need to find my notes on a
Choreolab in Austria a few years back when a cognitive scientist also mentioned
this example of the hand illusion......
and in the METABODY project that my Lab is engaged with (it is an EU-grant
research project involving 13 partners), we have one undertaking, led by Stocos
(Madrid), collaborating with Swiss scientist Daniel Bisig (who works with
neural networs and creates these creatures that respond to movement/human
motion), which is called "Phantom Limb"; next time I may comment a bit more on
that project, as our Lab's designer, Michèle Danjoux, has been creating an
extended hand for it, or rather, a BeakHandSpeaker that can emit sound.  We
considered it a small commentary on the ideas of phantoms.

Other phantom pains are perhaps the ones addressed, early on, by Dawn
Stoppiello - when she said we cannot keep up the discourse, there is too much
of it, too much information.

We shall find out here.

This morning I came across someone asking, "My question is about the body. Do
we intend to keep it? The reason I ask, a lot of conflict is framed as
inequality, and a lot
of the discussion about equality is based on a certain consistency of what it
is to be human....." (BishopZ)

So here's a video about keeping up --http://youtu.be/VIPU7EqTCuc
[by Edward Picot]

warm regards