[csdn-sa] Re: Web-Site - Now Hosted at AUUG Itself

  • From: George Patterson <george@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Lloyd <dlloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:04:05 +0930

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:47:02 +0930
David Lloyd <dlloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> George,
>

> > Of course, now that David has announced the new address to the list,
> > We can watch while he breaks the site. LOL
>
> But you and Andrew wrote the dynamic pages...

David,

First of all I didn't mean anything by my orginal statement. However,
when you are migrating a web page from one server to another there are
always things that break, due to reasons such as the database connection
details are different, or a required binary in a different location. The
later can be caused if you are a migrating a web site between
architectures or even versions of the same OS.

George Patterson
--
http://csdn.auug.org.au/