[cryptome] Re: Vague FOIA

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:08:12 +0100

That is why the wise join the cryptome list....If GCHQ can share information with the NSA and vikki verki to which their native populations are not privy...then so can cryptome...

On 21/08/14 13:04, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
the uk has similar legislation but it is worded in such a manner as to be useless to anyone who would try to apply it.

one trick that our wonderful government uses in order to hide stuff from public gaze is to put operational work in the hands of a "private enterprise" which exempts disclosure under the legislation on the rather suprious grounds of"commercial sensitivity"

with regards to face book you can safely ignore their request to"supply your real name"
On 21/08/2014 08:05, Jeremy Compton wrote:
It stands for Freedom of Information ? its an American acronym. Its where you request official government information.

From: alopoudis@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 19:15:18 +0300
Subject: [cryptome] Re: Vague FOIA
To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, this must be my first email after some 2 or 3 years of just joining Cryptome list.
I have read many very interesting discussions here.
So, first of all sorry for my bad english, it's not my motherslanguage.
I really wanna ask what is FOIA .

And a even more stupid question: Facebook keeps asking me to provide a picture of my ID because as the message says : "It looks like you are not using your real name in Facebook". I asked some friends of me and they never seen that in their accounts in Facebook and their names are like John Rambo IV. :D

On 17 August 2014 04:57, Noah <easilyemailed@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:easilyemailed@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Thank you Ryan! I will do that.

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Aug 16, 2014, at 3:31 PM, Ryan Carboni <ryacko@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:ryacko@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        It depends on what you're requesting, really. Generally a
        good tactic is to request something small and precise first,
        and than get information from that to request more records.
        I'd probably request the NSA cryptography suite A in
        Intellipedia.

        On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Noah
        <easilyemailed@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:easilyemailed@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

            Hello Ryan. I'm interested in FOIA. How would you go
            about it?

            Sent from my iPhone

            > On Aug 16, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Ryan Carboni
            <ryacko@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ryacko@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

            > Your FOIA requests are so vague as to be useless and
            easily ignored.