[cryptome] Re: Vague FOIA

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:47:27 +0100

On 20/08/14 17:15, Αλωπούδης Δημήτρης [Alopoudis Dimitris] (GMail) wrote:
Hi, this must be my first email after some 2 or 3 years of just joining Cryptome list.
I have read many very interesting discussions here.
So, first of all sorry for my bad english, it's not my motherslanguage.
I really wanna ask what is FOIA .

And a even more stupid question: Facebook keeps asking me to provide a picture of my ID because as the message says : "It looks like you are not using your real name in Facebook". I asked some friends of me and they never seen that in their accounts in Facebook and their names are like John Rambo IV. :D

On 17 August 2014 04:57, Noah <easilyemailed@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:easilyemailed@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Thank you Ryan! I will do that.

Hi,
It stands for Freedom of Information Act, and entitles US citizens to ask for...and if they are lucky...occasionally get a question about some non-classified activity of a state or public organisation, answered satisfactorily.
see url: http://www.foia.gov/

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Aug 16, 2014, at 3:31 PM, Ryan Carboni <ryacko@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:ryacko@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    It depends on what you're requesting, really. Generally a good
    tactic is to request something small and precise first, and than
    get information from that to request more records. I'd probably
    request the NSA cryptography suite A in Intellipedia.

    On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Noah <easilyemailed@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:easilyemailed@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Hello Ryan. I'm interested in FOIA. How would you go about it?

        Sent from my iPhone

        > On Aug 16, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Ryan Carboni
        <ryacko@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:ryacko@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        > Your FOIA requests are so vague as to be useless and easily
        ignored.