[cryptome] Re: 1st British Bitcoin Exchange due to open

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 19:12:42 +0100

Hi Peter & Aftermath,
After reading both of your postings...I have nothing more to say. However, I
did enjoy your contributions and they gave me some food for thought, whilst
I was away a la France.

We are all entitled to our opinions and if the two of you think that using
Bitcoin is a good idea, then who am I to say otherwise? Personally, I find
no advantage in using it whatsoever. I use a credit card or PayPal for
purchases on line as this guarantees that I get my money back if anything
goes wrong, and I don't need to have a wallet on my computer to keep account
of the money. If the computer goes pear-shaped, I can always go to my
account online and pick up from there. With Bitcoin, if something goes
wrong, I have lost the lot, and have no way of getting my money back. I
have little or no need for anonymity in my buying and selling, but do
appreciate security accompanied by accountability.