Re: Cape Town Showdown is coming!

  • From: Nicholas Robertson-Muir <nicmuir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpt-fgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 15:37:50 +0200

Well, a hoverboard exists where before we thought that it would be
impossible too.

#grammar.
On 7 Jul 2015 13:25, "Ilitirit Sama" <ilitirit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Watched an interesting documentary last night called "I know what I saw".
This dude goes around collecting accounts of UFO sightings from credible
sources (physicists, pilots, policemen, government officials etc).
Basically you get the idea that many governments are aware that UFOs exist
but refuse to make any public statements about the matter.

The witnesses tend to speak in precise terms, avoiding any mention of
aliens etc. But they also seem to come to the conclusion that the
phenomenon they saw could not have come from human technology. This is
problematic. If you accept that the technology is beyond our current
understanding, then you should also accept that it's completely possible
that the technology does in fact come from Earth, but perhaps a different
time line (ie. the future).

Not that time travel is any more or less realistic than visiting aliens,
but their conclusions are generally not very scientific which leaves me
wondering about whether or not they have an agenda. Basically, are they
suffering from "I want to believe" syndrome?

Worth a watch if you're into this kinda stuff.