Re: [cpsig] Electrification (was Re: CPR D-10 from sunset)

  • From: "dave hill" <techill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:32:52 -0500

In the article I have retained a lot of the design of Toronto Union Station was undertaken by men working for the CPR . now the intial planning of Toronto Union and start of constructiuon Grand Trunk was proaby very involved but of course they didn,t last the time it took to build the station . Probally their failure slowed construction of the new station they did not discuss that in the article . I found it interestinfg the large amount of area used by the post office in thee station orginally that area is now used by Go transit and there was a large dining room in the west end of the station and a large lunch counter . I can remeber Windsor station having a really posh dinning room went their for dinner in July 1962 my first trip to Montreal. I was not back to montreal till 1972 and by that time it was gone Canadian Pacfic had built the Chateau Champlain by then so i guess the dining room became not profitable by then Does anybody have any information about that . regards DAVID HILL
----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Boles" <derekboles@xxxxxxxxxx>