Re: RE: [cpsig] HO Intermountain CPR FP7 and F7B

  • From: "Roger T." <rogertra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 01:34:45 -0700

The trouble for modellers of CN and CP is
that we are simply lumped in with the much larger US market simply because
we don't account for enough sales and the general North American market
won't pay a premium for high quality - unlike the Brits - this is why we
have brass models for the North American perfectionists.

Good quality UK model goes for around UKP65, including taxes. That's around Can$130.00 and would include taxes. We are expected to pay Can$150.00, plus taxes, for a less than accurate "Canadian" model?

I once heard a Canadian appliance distributor, when asked by a CBC interviewer why prices for washers and dryers were so much higher in Canada than the U.S., when they all came from the same plant in southern California say, "Of course, Canadians are conditioned to accept higher prices."

We also seem to be conditioned to accept lesser quality at a higher price and are expected to be grateful for it.

Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway
http://www.highspeedplus.com/~rogertra/