Re: RE: [cpsig] HO Intermountain CPR FP7 and F7B

  • From: KVRailway <kvrailway@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 00:52:53 -0700

Probably one major consideration as to why the Brits have the prefectly detailed models and we don't is simply that the Brits have a big enough market for these models that manufacturers can justify the expense of making all the variations and high quality running characteristics, knowing it will sell. If the manufactureres of plastic model locomotives knew they could sell several thousand perfectly detailed plastic models of CPR and CNR engines every year in Canada, I'll wager that the models would be near perfect in detail and operation. The trouble for modellers of CN and CP is that we are simply lumped in with the much larger US market simply because we don't account for enough sales and the general North American market won't pay a premium for high quality - unlike the Brits - this is why we have brass models for the North American perfectionists. Also, Brits tend to be a little bit insane when it comes to modelling anything ... especially trains ... it has to perfectly reflect the original or nothing. North Americans are a little less a*** retentive in most instances - if it ain't exact - no sweat, out comes the file, the glue, the paint stripper, the decals ... you get my drift.

Joe Smuin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger T." <rogertra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>