[contestms] Re: CMS has been used

  • From: Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 13:57:21 +0200

Hi Darko.

Il 26/05/2013 11:54, Pevec, Darko ha scritto:
> There were no real problems, the system worked like a charm. But when
> you're already mentioning it, I naively set "only" 10gb of disk space
> for the virtual competition server and in the middle of our first
> competition ran out of disk space :) I have to ask why does the
> system use up sooo much disk space? I have the feeling that
> everything gets cached at least three times and then nothing gets
> cleaned up. We were using a now obsolete version so I hope this
> recieved some attention. At least give a heads up to people who are
> trying the CMS for the first time.

As Luca said, I think the problem is probably that you used keep_sandbox
= true, which eats space really quickly. (@cms-dev: why is it on by
default? Couldn't we disable it by default?)

Caching is too a bit underoptimized, we could work on it (this requires
a bit of care to prevent race conditions, but it shouldn't be too
difficult; the point, as Luca said, is that so far this has never been
an issue to us).

>> BTW, usual question: any problem if we add your contests to the
>> list of testimonials?
>
> Of course not, that was my original intent.

Added!

Gio.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>