[contestms] Re: CMS has been used

  • From: Luca Wehrstedt <luca.wehrstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: contestms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 12:34:14 +0200

We noted that too in recent trainings but it wasn't critical for us (we had
large enough hard disks) and we didn't bother much about it.

Was keep_sandbox set to True? In that case all temporary compilation and
evaluation data is kept, and that can eat up a lot of disk space.

The other causes could be logs and file cachers. The formers shouldn't be
large, except if you run very long online contests. The latters, in fact,
could be the cause: we keep a different cache for each service and,
especially if you handle large files, this could grow very fast. A
possible, reasonable and easy solution could be to use a single cache for
each machine. We could also purge files if they're not used for a while or
if we exceed a certain size limit.

Luca