[CTS] Re: Windows xp

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:22:35 -0700

Symantec has tools that may help....... have you been there ?

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.removal.tool.html

Pam wrote:

I have been trying to format my hard drive but it doesn't seem to actually wipe every thing out. I have windows 98 as a base and win xp as a update. Would some one please take the time to walk me through this process. I have gone to several sites and Microsoft.com but still can seem to acheive the results i want
I want to format the drive because i have gotten the sasser virus, and the computer keep hanging up on me, I have tried all sorts of fixes and nothing solves the problem.
Any thoughts
Pam bundy