[CTS] Re: W2k search

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 16:22:09 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/02 3:55:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
showarth@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> As I said before, I checked a box to enable the indexing feature. But search
> still can't find any file on the system.

I had a thought (imagine that!) while messing with another problem and it
might solve your problem .............. if it's a path problem ? and that's
what it sounds like to me.
SpyBot is making the rounds........... replacing Adaware as the app of the
day, and Spybot has a feature that I've never run across before......... it
makes a list of the bad paths in the Registry and gives you an option to
repair them........... it works great !
It might be worth a shot to install Spybot and see what it turns
 <A HREF="http://www.net-integration.net/reviews/spybot1.html";>SpyBot Search &
Destroy 1.0 Review ...page 1</A>

Find.exe is a DOS file and should be in Windows\Command folder............
has it been moved, maybe?

joe

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/faq