[CTS] W2k search

  • From: "Howarth, Stasy" <showarth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:27:23 -0400

Hi all,

I just got a new job and my computer at work has Win2000 installed. I'm
having trouble remembering where the files are, so I'm searching the
system. Every term I search for I'm told doesn't exist.

We have outlook installed.  I know I have at least 1 .pst file. I search
for *.pst. It says there is nothing to list. I know there are files with
the word fax, cos every coversheet is saved as customerx_fax.doc, it
tells me nothing to list.

Is there anything about the search function in W2k I should know? I
found something that turns on indexing. It changed nothing.

I'm accustomed to Win9.x. I've never really needed to work with NT, 2k
or XP, which are organized differently than the 9.x flavors. Any simple,
beginner's type "words to the wise" about 2k would be appreciated. It
will take me months to get this office running smoothly before I have
time to pick up a book about w2k.

Hope everyone is well,

Stasy

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/list_options.htm