[CTS] Re: Samsung printer

  • From: Hal <hdbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:07:46 -0500

The error is on the LED display, and says the toner is low. I know it's not.

This printer is almost identical to the HP 2000 series, and has a built-in NIC. Unlike HP, this is not a change out cartridge type where you can put in either a printserver or a parallel port - the various ports are all built in and nonremovable. Its working fine, just this error on the LED.

The setup is browser-based, but not nearly as easy as HP. Unfortunately, the toner cartridge costs about $130.00 or so. On the other hand, its a big cartridge and will last a long time.

I'm using it on my network at the moment. This sucker is not a printer to set on a desk. Prints great though.

At EST 04:10 PM 12/10/2005, - Russ Blakeman duly noted:
I must have missed the original message...must be a 2151N if networkable. Same unit except the print server though. What error is the printer showing?