[CTS] Re: Samsung printer

  • From: Hal <hdbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:12:12 -0500

It has a new cartridge. The company that had this wouldn't have a clue about refills. They use a ton of paper/toner/ink etc. so they having a purchasing company that handles all this for their supplies. This company in turn makes arrangements and takes bids to get the best deal on stuff like this, not just for one client but approximately a bunch. I suppose someone could have slipped a refill to them, but I've never seen anything of this nature happen before.

As long as this doesn't affect the printing, it doesn't make that much difference to me. I hardly ever look at it anyway. They were having a little trouble with it jamming, but I think that was because someone was shoving some ragged-edged paper in it. This printer had about 15 people using it, and ran all day long. I replaced it with an HP 4250n. I will say, this sucker really took a beating before I replaced it.

At EST 02:11 PM 12/11/2005, - Russ Blakeman duly noted:

You think that's big? I have a Laserjet 8150DN I use here, it sits on it's own cart. LOL

Anyway those have chips in the toner - is the toner a brand new OEM fresh from the factory, or is it a rebuild or refill? That would make the toner low error show as Samsung is going the way of others and looking at making the big money on consumables - chipping them to make refurb/refill toners a pain in the butt. No way to reset that, that I can tell from any info I have on it. Now if it's a factory fresh new cart then there is a problem. Some are done by electrical contacts, others with the chip transmitting to a small antenna.