[CTS] Re: NeroLinux trial.......

  • From: Cuffy <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:35:41 -0700

Cuffy wrote:

John Madden wrote:

On Thursday 28 July 2005 10:13 pm, Cuffy wrote:

I downloaded the NeroLinux manual and it's in ghost script-PDF format.
There are some links in various places in the PDF along with some refs
to Linux files. I say links because they are blue and underlined.
The creepy little hand cursor in Adobe Reader can squeeze and be
damnned........ they don't open ! Do you have any idea why ?

The PDF reader probably isn't aware of where your web browser is / how to launch the URL in it. Try using KPDF instead of Adobe's reader, which should know to launch Konqueror, or just copy/paste the URL's into the browser manually. Note that in X, you don't have to use copy/paste, either: just select the text (to "copy") and middle-click to "paste."

John

Ah, a clue !
I was at the Nero site on a Windows machine when I downloaded that .pdf file. Maybe that's the problem....... the links won't work on a Windows OS.

From the pdf manual. copy and paste

However, for some special features NeroLINUX relies on some additional
programs and packages installed on your system:
 The mpg123 software MPEG1-LayerIII decoder is used to allow recording of
MP3 files on CD as regular audio tracks. Additionally, Gogo'n'Coda can be
used to encode MP3 files.
 The ogg123 command line ogg-vorbis decoder as well as the oggtst package
(available from the GnomeToaster Homepage: http://gnometoaster.rulez.org)
is needed to be able to play and record ogg-vorbis files. Additionally, oggenc
can be used to encode ogg-vorbis files.
NeroLINUX has dependency test functionality built-in and will tell you when it
needs a program and cannot find it. A message will pop up in this case telling
you the name of the package, the URL where it can be obtained and what
purpose it has within NeroLINUX.