[CTS] Mouse, Keyboard and Computer not talking

  • From: "Otho & Shirley" <okinsley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:37:52 -0500

I have a Gateway G6-400 that loses (?) the PS/2 keyboard and mouse at the
same time on startup.  Reinstalled W98 and at the Choose the Time Zone
screen the KB and mouse stopped communicating.  On boot from a floppy the
keyboard hangs up (sometimes) at the Choose CD ROM support screen. If you
let it time out it boots up but without keyboard support.  I have been in
safe mode operating normally.  I get the "Windows did not detect a mouse
attached to the computer..." message on some startups. When the message is
on the screen, the system beeps like crazy when the mouse is moved.  The
mouse and KB work fine on another system. 1. Any ideas? 2. Would a USB mouse
and keyboard work around the problem?  3. Is it the motherboard?
Otho

Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/faq

http://szaroconsulting.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm